The next digital gold rush is here and its happening now. Are you part of it? If not, we are here to provide strategic insights and directions to align your business for the world of IoT. A number of IoT developments are moving ahead at astronomical speed. The Internet of things wherein wireless networks of objects are being created using RFID, Bluetooth, GPS, and other technologies, working as a team with cloud computing environments, Web portals, and back end systems. All looking for business value to differentiate the product and service using the data from the connected objects. IoT facilitates integrating the physical world with the virtual. Companies all over the world are talking about it, and it’s the common water cooler topic ! Everyone is adding intelligent sensors in just about everything in order to create intelligent data capturing capabilities of remote applications over the internet. Good news – journey just started…
Top IoT benefits in a nutshell
- Not withstanding all the good things happening to technology today there is not enough emphasis on IoT taking human digital life to a deeper level for innovation, productivity and safety
- To focus on another benefit IoT offers strong ROI for business with multiple sales models and revenue streams
- It is also interesting to note that adding IoT intelligence to your current products & services is going to add infinite value to your customers. The IoT opportunities are out there. Are you game?
When dwelling on these facts, the smart home is likely the most sought after IoT application at the present moment, perhaps the most pre-eminent because it is the one that is more likely than everything else cost-effective and easily accessible to consumers. It helps to draw the concept that ‘Smart’ homes these days means safe and secure homes.
Consider how Smart homes filled with connected products are loaded with possibilities to make our lives easier .The bottom line we can see, is the comfort offered, as more connected devices can handle more features such as lighting, temperature, smoothly. and frees up the resident to focus on other tasks.
Take these for example, the Amazon Echo and the Nest Thermostat, and the host of devices on the market that offers users the facility of control with their voices to make their lives richer and better.
- Watches are no more erstwhile for just for telling time. Get hold of Apple Watch and other smartwatches on the market that have turned our wrists into smartphone holsters by supporting text messaging, phone calls, and others. One thing is certain. We are preoccupied these days with devices such as Fitbit and Jawbone which have assisted to revolutionize the fitness world by giving people more fascinating data about their daily workouts.
- The IoT has within realm of possibility a great deal of know-how and, potential to transform complete cities by dealing with concerns in a citizen’s daily affairs.. We are too far to turn back. We know that with suitable connections and data, the Internet of Things can resolve traffic congestion issues and tone down rampant noise, crime, and pollution.
Continuing the thought we have been examining, Barcelona Smart Cities: The Spanish city is one of the foremost smart cities in the world after it implemented several IoT initiatives that have helped enhance smart parking and the habitations.
- Then there is the connected car. We need not feat that putting our trust fully in a vehicle device will restrict our potential. On the contrary, it will be able to optimize its own operation and maintenance as well as the convenience and comfort of passengers using onboard sensors and Internet connectivity.